Today is the last day of the holidays! Whoops, that went quick. Luckily I managed to get a few projects in. After the Colette Sorbetto blouse, I made the wrap dress version of Simplicity 1880 following Sunni's sewalong. I need help to mark the hem so I haven't been able to finish it yet. I'm happy with how it turned out.
I had to do a FBA, adding 2 inches to each side. It took two attempts, as the first time I under-estimated the amount I needed to add because I hadn't marked centre front on the pieces. Duh. The second time was better, but I had to add an extra pleat because there was too much fullness added on the bottom edge. Hmmmmm. Something to remember for next time. I'm unsure as to what the fabric is, but it's a slippery silky light fabric that my boyfriends mother bought for me. I used bias binding for the neckline and made the short sleeves. I will take some pictures of me in it the next time it is sunny around here.
After the dress, I started on the Colette sewing book. My boyfriend bought it for me at Christmas, but I had lent it to a friend for almost all of last semester. Anyway, I tried out the Meringue skirt, without scallops and with a waistband instead of the facings. I also like how it turned out. I did a sway back adjustment, although I don't know if that was the correct adjustment to do as the back/butt still isn't right.
The fabric is a $6/metre Thai cotton from a local emporium. I also got the invisible zipper and thread from there because it was super cheap, but the thread moulted a bit and I wasn't happy with the zipper. I got the dam thing in, it's not perfect, but I figure I'll just wear the skirt until it breaks and the replace it. There is still a lot of fabric leftover and I'm contemplating trying out Simplicity 3688 as high waisted shorts for the summer. In my books, one can never too many polka dots.