Sunday, May 23, 2010

wet

This weekend's dicey weather and my diminished purse made for little in the way of shopping. I managed a trip to the supermarket and the Grey Lynn/Richmond Rd Farmers Market. At the market I was chasing French Macarons, which were worth the trip, but also picked up a bottle of homemade Ginger beer. Yum. On Saturday Nick and I had coffee at a new shop on Dominion Road called Gingerbirds. The coffee was alright, but we'll return once they're a bit more organised and have sprouted a few more tables in the courtyard.

So instead of this weeks finds, I'll share a few older finds and a few of my favorite things. I got this picture of the Spaceshuttle at a garage sale for $3.50. The woman thought it was a 40s picture of an airplane. Silly. I didn't correct her and giggled in the car instead.This television table with Neuschwanstein Castle is from the Sallies in Hamilton. It reminds me of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and I like to think of it as an travel souvenir. They must have really liked it as it's not your usual keyring or purse.
My Diana F+ was a purchase for a friends wedding. I really wanted to take some photos for her and it was a nice excuse to buy what is a silly plastic camera. Mother disapproved, but I happily bought it regardless. I've been meaning to buy the 35mm adapter for quite a while now to make it a more affordable camera.
And finally, Zac gave me a copy of 'Ladies, a plate', a most wonderful book of New Zealand baking recipes. They're pretty much foolproof and I even made the pavlova of Christmas from it. Zac got to meet the author Alexa Johnston and was kind enough to take my book and have her autograph it!

I'm hoping next weekend will yield treasures. I get paid on Wednesday and am already planning delicious things, like breakfast at Dizengoff and rummaging at the Eastern Bays recycle sale. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Lisylis said...

you're sooooo cool.

sooooooooooooooooooo cooooooooooool

impossibly so.